Monday, April 26, 2010

EXERCISING




In a couple of hours I'm going to go and hike Badger, a 3.2 mile 1,000 vertical foot trail not far from where I live. It will have me huffing and puffing several times on the way up and I must admit that I love the going down better. It takes me more than an hour to complete the trail with a five minute rest at the top to enjoy the view.


Exercise has really become a key component to my daily routine. Four days of the week I go on a hike or go to the gym. (I take Wednesdays off to run errands, mow the lawn, and the like. ) Our gym is also near where we live and is only $30 a month for both my husband and myself. Investing the $360 a year into our health is one of the smartest investments we make. Now that the weather is nice I trade the gym for outdoor hikes.


To months ago we took a trip to southern Argentina and Chile to hike in the Patagonia Andes (pictures above). I know I would have never been able to take some of the fabulous hikes we went on if I hadn't done the amount of physical preparation at the gym and taking smaller treks.


No comments:

Post a Comment